Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring has almost srung...

Well, another harsh winter is almost over and I'm feeling like it could be used as a metaphor for my life lately. I'm hoping too, that my "harsh winter" is almost over. There have been a few hopeful things that have happened and I'm trying to keep my eye on those things, because it sure feels like the sun is never going to come out.
I've been scouring the internet for inspirational quotes because I've found it helps me refocus on what I already know to be true...and I think that Robert Frost sums it up quite well: "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life...it goes on."
We were dealt another tough blow today. After the tears had come and gone, and I'm proud to say they go a lot faster these days, I was able to pick myself up and move on. Dwelling on it will not make the problem go away, it just makes it sting more. I'm learning how to make lemonade from lemons...let me just say with all the "lemons" that have come our way, we will certainly not go thirsty!
I'm going to end with a quote that I'm thinking about making into a poster and hanging above my bed: "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well." ~Josh Billings

No comments:

Post a Comment